WELCOME TO QUÉBEC!
- Temporary insurance is mandatory and is available at a cost of CAD $40 for 60 days, valid across Canada
- For more than 60 days, it is mandatory to become a member of HPAC.
Rules and regulations vary from site to site in Canada. Please always contact a local pilot (Clubs) before your visit at any site.
- Your logbook is the best proof of your flight experience.
- Each country has its own rating system. To get a canadian rating, a school or an instructor can evaluate, attest and add to the theorical and in-flight knowledge of a foreign pilot. HPAC (Hang-Gliding and Paragliding Association of Canada) then delivers a canadian rating. There are fees associated with rating certifications.
- The IPPI card (International Pilot Proficiency Identification) also exists. It is an international rating system, recognized in Canada.
THE PARTICULARS OF HANG-GLIDING AND PARAGLIDING IN QUÉBEC
- Fees may be charged for lifts to take-off sites (about $10 / lift).
- Some clubs may charge a daily rate. The amount may vary from one site to another (about $20 / day).
- Long-term visitors shall be members of a club to have access to it’s sites. Fees vary from one site to another, depending on the services offered to the club members.
- HPAC’s civil liability insurance does not cover medical fees; it is recommended to have proper health care coverage.